If you love makeup and TikTok (guilty!), then you’ve no doubt followed the rise of the eGirl aesthetic. Well, alt makeup (or alternative makeup) is the latest trend to hit the scene, and it’s all about embracing a hybrid rocker, punk and indie style. Want to get in on the action? We share 5 alt makeup looks to show off your edgy attitude.
1. The Dark Lipstick Queen
When it comes to alt makeup, thick eyeliner and bold, dark lips are royalty. Inspired by @lora_arellano’s stellar look, here’s a tutorial to help you flaunt these alt girl staples.
- Apply your base makeup (primer, foundation, concealer, you know the drill).
- Create full, fluffy brows with the Makeup Obsession Fibre Brow Gel by sweeping the spoolie over your brows to shape, fill and set.
- Recreate this incredible eye look using the I Heart Revolution Cranberries & Chocolate Palette. Use a pencil brush to apply Nude to the entire eyelid. Next, use a flat eyeshadow brush to pat Auburn onto the middle of the lid, before buffing Enticing into the crease using a tapered blending brush. Blend all 3 colors in to create a graded effect. Repeat along the lower lash line. Finish with a touch of Heavenly in the inner corner of the eye.
- Create a thick winged eye using the Revolution Super Flick Eyeliner (you’ll find a tutorial on how to do this here).
- Apply the Revolution 3D Faux Mink Wispy Lashes, then use the Revolution 5D Mascara to blend them with your natural lashes.
- Using a lip brush, collect pigments from the Revolution Matte Lipstick in Plum and line your lips. Use the bullet to fill them in.
- Finish the look with a touch of bronzer along the cheekbones, and a touch of highlighter just above the cheekbones, along the bridge of the nose and on the chin. The Patricia Bright Moonlight Glow Face Palette has all of your highlighting and contouring needs covered!