Here’s one for all you glow getters out there! For the last few years, contour has reigned supreme. Now blush is back on-trend, and it’s here to stay.
Using blush is the perfect way to add a healthy flush of color to your cheek. From soft peach to a pop of red, blusher offers something for everyone.
To take your face makeup skills to the next level, it’s important to learn the best place to apply blush to complement your face shape. So, dive into our guide to find out how to apply blush and discover where to put blush to best accentuate your gorgeous features!
Step 1 – Identify Your Face Shape
Before delving into how to apply blush, the first step is to identify which face shape you have.
- Oval faces are long with prominent cheekbones and a narrower chin than the forehead – visualize Beyoncé.
- Square faces have strong angular jawlines, and the forehead is the same width as the chin – picture Zendaya.
- Rectangular faces have a square jaw and are longer than they are wide – think Sarah Jessica Parker.
- Diamond faces are more angular than oval. They are narrow at the top, widen at the cheeks, and narrow again at the chin – visualize Vanessa Hudgens.
- Heart faces are widest at the temple and narrow through the cheeks toward the chin – picture Reese Witherspoon.
- Round faces have an equal length and width of the face, with full cheeks – think Selena Gomez.
Step 2 – Choose Your Blush
Blush has come a long way. Gone are the days of choosing between a bright red or hot pink crumbly powder that has seen better days.
Now, we’re spoilt for choice with cream, liquid and powder blushes available. Luckily, these blushes can work for various face shapes! When experimenting with how to apply blush and where to put it, your choice of product should depend on your skin type and what makeup look you prefer.
Expert Tip: Use our blush shade guide below to select the perfect blush color to suit your skin tone!
Here’s how to apply blush, depending on the formula you’ve opted for:
How to Apply Cream Blush
Cream blush is the best blusher for dry skin or for creating the dewy skin look.
To achieve a flawless base, it’s best to apply cream blush after foundation and concealer but before applying any powder products. Then, simply use two fingers to apply it to your cheeks or blend it out with a stippling brush.
The Revolution Beauty Planet Revolution Color Pots gives a wonderful wash of color to leave you with a radiant-looking complexion.